Through a unique combination of agricultural, biotechnological, chemical and material science capabilities, coupled with the power of 2,500 talented individuals worldwide, DuPont Industrial Biosciences focuses on providing biobased solutions to meet the needs of a growing population while protecting our environment. To capitalize on collaboration and best serve our customers, our business is formed around three focus areas: bioactives, biomaterials, and biorefineries.
- Bioactives a biobased solutions using innovative enzymes, peptides and performance proteins to help improve performance, productivity, and environmental footprints in markets such as animal health and nutrition, cosmetics and personal care, laundry and dishwashing detergents, food and beverage production, pulp and paper and textiles processing.
- Biomaterials a high performance materials derived from renewable sources Through integrated science and strategic partnerships, we develop revolutionary ways of producing materials that meet the demanding requirements of our customers, with no compromise in performance or economics;
- Biorefineries a solutions to derive maximum value from biobased feedstocks and unlock the full potential of the biorefinery and its value streams. Our innovative enzymes for carbohydrate processing and production of fuel ethanol from corn and future biomass feedstocks deliver improved process performance and product yields.
DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers manufactures an extensive mix of adhesive, barrier, peelable lidding and sealant resins. The business provides a globally networked development team to work with customers on packaging programs that help protect products and the environment, improve shelf appeal and convenience, and reduce costs in the food, cosmetics, medical products and other consumer goods and industrial packaging industries.
- Selection, development and delivery of additives derived from biobased sources applied on compression moulding formulations and polymeric formulations. Support on processing steps.
- Evaluation of final properties of compression moulded parts and biobased materials, cooperating with other partners in the identification of most promising routes for improvement.
- Evaluate and maximise applicability of developed materials to the market.
- Provide support on upscaling tasks, evaluating process parameters LCA evaluation and material performance according to expected behaviour of selected additives.
DuPont will be active in WP 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
website link: www.dupont.com